Tuesday 3 March 2015

Ths is Our Testimony!


It was 10:37am on Saturday 14th February 2015; I was in choir rehearsals when pictures flooded my WhatsApp and a question followed ''Ify, Ken(my kid brother) told you what happened two nights ago yeah?'' well I never heard any news from my family but taking a very close look at the pictures I realised a jeep which belonged to my younger brother and spray of bullets on it, I instantly went bananas, I leaped; running right to the back of the church and fell face down in tears and all I could remember saying then was ''thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus''.

I woke up that very day and during my morning devotion, after worshiping I found out I couldn’t say much in my prayers other than thank you Lord, thank you Lord. Apparently I had mentioned my brother and wife’s name, thanking God for their lives and their daughter even without knowing what had happened.

Let’s go back to my reaction at the choir rehearsals. As I laid face down crying and thanking God even when I dint have full gistJ (details), a deaconess plunged and grabbed my hands requesting I maintain a positive attitude no matter what the plight may be, I still nursed thank you Jesus. I put a call through my family but couldn’t reach anyone. I got real worried! , but why have they decided to keep me in the dark, why won’t they talk to me, why, why, why?????? Next I tried my kid sis and she took hers! Praise God, I requested for full details. With a faint voice she replied ''Ify sorry the thing has just been so heavy for our mouths to speak. No one has been able to talk since, the matter has left us in awe and our lips are shut''.

Ok so here is it; my younger brother had been deployed to South Africa to continue his assignment 3months ago and his wife and daughter (Cherish) was to join him in SA a night before this victorious incident occurred.

From the horse’s side of things (unedited) here comes the victorious, the more than conqueror, the daughter of Zion, and the apple of God's eyes recount:

...’’So twas a nyt to my leaving town(Enugu).my travel documents in my car,sm last minutes shopping(baby food et al),a visit to my mother in laws to say our goodbyes.....nd I was on my way home wt my good friend,NoNo nd Cherish.Twas 8:10pm.

I rounded d bend of my regular route home chatting happily wt my friend,suddenly it struck me dat smthg was not alright.d car in front of me did a reverse past me,a policeman was running towards my car wt his gun drawn bt looking really confused.I hit d brake nd tried to put d reverse gear,at dat moment,it seemed d' R' could not be found.
....Phew!!!out jumped a guy frm d bend nd opened fire on d policeman,3shots,d policeman went down(ryt in front of me).my car lights was on,dis guy dat Jesus died for now turned his gun towards me nd started shooting....it had to be an angel bcos instantly my hands found d reverse gear nd I sped off bt not before the car took sm shots.

Next thg I knew,dere was an impact,d car fell into a ditch(meanwhile my friend was carrying my now screaming daughter ryt beside me in front of d car).We got out and ran.....a pregnant woman,with her friend and a wailing baby.....We hid ourselves behind sm walls,d bandits sped past nd zoomed off.We came out,i managed to grab my slipper,my bag,baby bag nd locked d car den we ran off.
It was like a movie yet so real.I can imagine wat d headlines would have read-'Pregnant woman nd baby,victims of assasination just a night before there trip out of the country'.did I even know fire spews out from a shooting gun?lol
...BUT He dat keepeth Kenechi neither sleeps nor slumbers.Dat nyt,i knew angels were on assignment.Thank God for his keeping grace''.
More pics of the Spray bullets below(a proof that God is a God of wonders!)

 Glory to Jesus! He that keepeth Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps… 2nd Samuel 9 verse 11 ''then David said is there yet anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness''. The same God that did this for Kay and our entire household let him show you kindness for our sakes as you tap into our testimony today.

This is our testimony, what about yours? Please share your real life testimony with us to publish on wifey-reallifestories.blogspot.com. You can email us on wifey052001@yahoo.com

Wifey






No comments:

Post a Comment